Why use B401
- B401 has up to 100% efficacy against the larvae of the wax moth (Galleria mellonella)
- B401 is a concentrated solution of Bacillus thuringiensis supsp. Aizawai, a micro-organism harmless to man and honeybee alike.
- B401 is a 100% biological product that leaves no residue in wax or honey, does not alter the taste of honey and is environmentally friendly.
- B401 ensures protection over a long period, one application is enough to protect the frames until the following season.
- B401 is suitable for use in Organic Farming.
When to use B401
- After the honey harvest, when the frames are stored. Protection will be effective right up to the installation of the frames again the following season.
- For decoy or empty hives.
How to use B401
- Vigorously shake the bottle of B401 before adding to the corresponding volume of water as below.
- Dilute B401 in water to 5% (1 part B401 to 19 parts water).
- Shake the mixture well and, using a sprayer, apply 1.5 ml of solution per 10 square centimetres of comb, on both sides of the frame. The guide below may make the calculation of the required quantities of B401 easier.
- Before storing let the frames dry in an aired rom to avoid mould.
Advice & Tips for use
- B401 only kills young wax moth larvae and must be used as a preventative treatment before the frames are infested.
- Once diluted, the solution must be used the same day. Before mixing, calculate the amount of product required to treat the desired number of frames.
- Store at a temperature between 5°C and 20°C. If stored in a cool place (under 12°C) and in its sealed original bottle, B401 can be kept for several years.